Thursday, November 29, 2012

Letters to my Kids Day 1/1000 Gifts

To my youngest...
In just a few weeks you will turn one.   I remember this time last year.  I was so ready to hold you, so sure you would be here any day since your brother had been early and I was having early contractions.  The anticipation was incredible...and we spent most of December sure that you would come any day.  
And then you were induced.  :)  You came home on Christmas Eve.  You were the best Christmas gift I could ever imagine (except for Jesus).  
Your pregnancy was stressful...there were several complications that concerned us along the way.  Someday I will tell you more about them.  Daddy and I just wanted you in our arms, to be able to whisper how much we loved you.  To know that you were healthy.
And then you were here.  And you were healthy.  And you were perfect.  And you are perfect.  Perfectly you.  And I am in awe of the awesomeness of God.
I look at you today, learning to hold your own with your big brother.  You love to take his toys and then crawl as fast as you can away from him.  You are so playful, always wanting to get a smile from someone.  And you give your smiles so freely.  You adore your big sister, breaking into a smile the moment she walks in the room.  Your Daddy holds your heart.  As soon as he gets home, he has to hold you or you are very angry.  And you love your Mama too.  You recently learned to give pats and kisses...and oh buddy, you can melt my heart with those.
My sweet Cole baby (how long can I call you that?), I was in love with you the moment I knew you were going to be.  I will love you for always.  And I will always thank God for the miracle of you.  
Love, Mama

1000 Gifts
192.  My sweet Cole baby, who will not be a baby much longer.
193.  Clean sheets.
194.  A washing machine.  The stomach flu has been going through this house.  Let's just say the washing machine has been used a lot lately.  A lot.
195.  Unexpected lunch date with a friend!
196.  Letting T pick out a new snowman for our collection yesterday and seeing his excitement over showing his sister and Daddy "Frosty".
197.  On days I feel like nothing is working out the way I planned it to be, I'm reminded "The Truth is that all I have to do is the work God assigns to me.  What a freedom...there is time for me to do everything that is on God's "to do" list for my day, for my week, and for my life!"  (Thanks Nancy Leigh Demoss)
198.  For my E, who laughs in the chaos with me.  He is my best friend and my greatest earthly love.
199.  For my dad, who checks on us every day with a text.  




No comments:

Post a Comment