Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The choice we all face today

We are running late for school...again.
My first grader's throat is sore; tis the season for sickness and germs.
My two year old who is almost potty trained (most days) had an accident all over his sister's chair.
The baby is still asleep and we need to get in the car.
I had a list of things I wanted to talk to my husband about last night, but by the time the kids were in bed, dishes done, toys picked up...he had a pile of cases to go through and I could barely keep my eyes open.

I face a choice.  I can let these things make me rush through life and stress me out OR

I can choose joy.

No, I cannot control my circumstances, but I CAN and WILL control my attitude. There are some circumstances that will inevitably bring us all down.  But the daily happenings of my life should not be one of them.  I don't want my children to see a mom who is constantly worried, stressed out, and hurried.  I want them to see a mom who chooses to find the joy in everyday because true joy comes from God.

In my planner that I use daily, there is this quote:

Today I'm going to live fully right where I'm at.  I'm going to choose joy.
That's the reason I'm doing the 1000 Gift challenge.  I'm not sure why I didn't start counting on this blog, but on my personal blog.  After some thought on this, I'm going to continue counting on this blog.  This is a more fitting place to document.  I may get around to transferring #1-82 to this blog, but if not, know they are there.

Want to join me?  If you too are counting gifts, please be sure to link your blog in the comment section.

83.  Listening to my oldest two play Memory.  My two year old clapped and cheered anytime anyone got a match.  He is every bit as excited for his sister as for himself.
84.  Em telling me she wanted to give her tooth fairy money to church.
85.  Beautiful trees with golden leaves
86.  A flute student determined for her future
87.  These girls that make me smile.
88.  My dad texting me, my mom calling me, and my 7 year old sister facebook messaging me this morning.  I love my family!
89. Tate running over to me pleading, "Hold you Mama, hold you!"  I know that in another year, he won't be saying this.  I cherish that he still needs his mama to pick him up and hold him close.
90. Hearing Em count aloud as she practices piano.  I can't explain why I love this so much, but I just do.





No comments:

Post a Comment